What Other Information Will Be Helpful When Obtaining a Marriage License?
• The state of Florida requires that all couples read the Family Law Handbook and then sign a affidavit that you have read and are familiar with its contents. You can review the Family Law Handbook online on the Port St. Lucie Marriage License.
• All couples have the option to attend a premarital counseling session. It is not required, but those that attend and complete the course will have reduced fees for a marriage license and will not be required to observe a three-day waiting period that Florida residents are required to adhere to. You can find a list of acceptable providers of premarital preparation classes online on the St. Lucie County website.
• All couples will need to have a valid form of ID and a social security card at the time that they apply for a marriage license. Acceptable forms of ID include a driver’s license, a military ID, passport, etc. If you do not have a social security card, you will need to bring additional proof of identification. Contact the St. Lucie Circuit Courts Clerk for more information.
• Couples that are not from Florida may still marry in Port St. Lucie, and they will not have to wait for mandatory three-day waiting period.
• If either party has been previously married, the exact date of the dissolution of the prior marriage(s) will need to be provided. In the event that a divorce has taken place within the past 6 months, a copy of the decree of divorce will need to be submitted at the time of application.
• Couples that have not married within 60 days of their marriage license being issued will need to apply for a new license.
• Your Port St. Lucie marriage license is only valid in the state of Florida. You must use it within the state, though not necessarily in the city of Port St. Lucie.
• Your marriage ceremony can be preformed by a regularly ordained minister, a Clerk of Courts, a judicial officer or a notary public.
Contact the St. Lucie County Clerk of Circuit Courts at (772)462-6999 or browse the Port St. Lucie Marriage License for helpful information about obtaining a marriage license.
Reverend James J Zito III would love the honor to Officiate your Elegant Florida Weddings Contact today (772) 202-2801
Let us know which day you would like your Wedding Service
We love our customers, so feel free to visit during normal business hours.
10675 Southwest West Park Avenue, Port Saint Lucie, Florida 34987, United States
09:00 am – 05:00 pm